REGONIK BRB001 brakes control unit is an electronic device assigned to the driving rail carriages with and braker DAKO BSE. It controls electro-pneumatically (EP) the brake (braking, unbraking) in attached carriages and receives and requirement for emergency brakeing (NB) from attached carriages. It allows the engine-driver to reassess the requerement for NB and, in and case of necessity to overbridge the NB and continue the movement. He maintained this activity alternatively either according to the codex UIC541-5 or, according to the codex of the concept of emergency brakeing of Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB).
At the time the unit of brakes control BRB001 is switched out, the pneumatic brake of the train is functional without any restriction.
The unit includes feeding circuits of basic functions of the informative leading of UIC and, by limited current, priorities for brake control functions in the case of contemporary occurrence along with the signal controls of the basic functions regulated according to the UIC558.
The block BRB20 is constructed from individual modules, which are built-in into the standardized box of 19-inches construction system Europac PRO 3HE, 42TE, EMC, width 9,5″. The cable connection of the equipment is realized by two connectors DIN 41612 from the front.
- driving voltage 2 x 24V ±10% max 1,5A DC
- input power max.50 W
- outputs protected against overload
- protection against over switching the input power into 80V
- operational temperature -30°C ÷ +40°C
- dimensions without connectors (w,h,l) 270 x 133 x 241
- weight without accessories 3 kg
- covering IP 20
Block BRB001 allows the engine-driver to make a choice of operation activities:
- “EP+PNB” – function according to DB concept
- “EP” – function according to DB concept
- “PNB” – function according to DB concept
- “Switched off” – no EP + PNB function