The REGONIK RZW-11,12,13,14,15 Controlled Power Amplifiers are designated for the amplification of the low-frequency signal of the REGONIK VRU 11, SRU 11 and RRU 11 Radio Centres for loudspeakers installed in the coaches. They are part of the REGONIK VRZ 11 Train Radio Appliance, which meets the demands of the UIC 568 international norm.
The REGONIK Company came up with an original solution by distributing the whole low-frequency power needed for the vehicle into small and simply controlled amplifiers with a power of 2VA or 0,5VA installed as close as possible to the loudspeakers of 8 Ohm/3VA. They use a voltage controlled power amplifier (VCA), and the amplification can be controlled by modifying the direct CONTROL voltage. To make the listening optimal in each area of the railway cars, these five types of controlled power amplifiers were developed:
- RZW 11: with a nominal power of 2VA/8 Ohm and the possibility of independent regulation of the volume by the RHR 01 volume regulator. It is designated for the compartments with passengers.
- RZW 12: with a nominal power of 2VA/8 Ohm and the possibility of the central regulation of the volume by the RHR 01 volume regulator. It is designated for open carriages, corridors and vestibules.
- RZW 13: with properties such as RZW 12 but it is possible to mute while announcing from the same carriage. It is designated for vestibules with a centre and areas where acoustic coupling may occur.
- RZW 14: with a nominal power of 0,5VA/8 Ohm and the central regulation of the volume by the RHR 01 volume regulator. It is designated for small spaces(WCs, washrooms etc.)
- RZW 15: is like the RZW 11, but has the possibility of muting while announcing from the same vehicle. It is designated for the crew boss´s post with a centre or music transmitting unit. i.e. spaces where acoustic coupling may occur.
- OZW 11: is a RZW 11 amplifier which is integrated with the RHR 01 volume regulator into a common box. It is designated for compartments.
- OZW 15: is a RZW 15 amplifier, which is integrated with the RHR 01 volume regulator into a common box. It is designated for the crew boss´s post with a centre or music transmitting unit, i.e. for spaces where acoustic coupling may occur.
The distribution of power into more amplifiers is advantageous in:
- the simple regulation of volume without interference low power losses on conduction
- easy and effective filtration of undesirable interfering signals
- easy and effective stabilization of the voltage supply by little power
- simple protection against acoustic feedback
- insignificant reduction of power through the defect or fault of one of the amplifiers
- maintaining the radio set while more amplifiers are defect.
Function and technical parametres:
- operating supply voltage 16V to 18V DC
- the waving of supply voltage at 16V DC is max. 8Vpp
- the output power of the amplifiers:
- RZW 11, 12, 13, 15 2VA/8 Ohm
- RZW 14 0,5VA/8 Ohm
- OZW 11,15 2VA/8 Ohm
- asymmetrical input of amplifiers
- input resistance min. 40kOhm
- nominal input low-frequency power 2,0V
- loading resistance min. 8 Ohm
- harmonic distortion max. 1%
- separation signal-noice at a short input better than 60dB
- frequency characteristics 300Hz to 8kHz ±3dB
- the outputs of amplifiers are protected against short circuiting
- supply voltage is protected against turnover
- controlling input:
- input current from -0,6mA až +0,2mA
- input voltage 1,8V÷6,5V
- protection of input up to 32V
- operating temperature -30°C až +60°C
- size h =120, w =75, d =40 (without conducting)
- weight 0,3kg without attachments.