REGONIK Ltd. Company Bratislava (Slovak Republic) has developed an automated information system for passengers and train staff in co-operation with company BUSE s.r.o. (Ltd.) Blansko (Czech Republic).
Information system consists of elements of the acoustic facility REGONIK VRZ 11, used in trains of ZSSK and ČD (Slovak Railways and Czech Railways) corresponds to recommendations of the European Railway Union UIC 568. Furthermore, it consists of elements from optical information facility “BUSE SIS” that is in full accordance with conditions of the present European standard information systems for transport according to German recommendation VDV 300 (IBIS).
Acoustic systems allows utilization of following features:
- Automated standard announcement about journey progress and, actual information or live reports directly to the drivers. There is also a choice to report into own carriage or to the whole train. Automated reports of stations and further standard announcements are provided by digital reporter ICU 06 or BS200 enabling automated reports directed by the IBIS collector from board computer BS 100.2 following programmed criteria (overridden distance, time, opening and closing the doors).
- Broadcasting of music and spoken programs as a contribution to increased comfort of passengers into own carriage or, to the whole train, enabling individual regulation of volume in each half of the carriage. Different pre-programmed channels can be used individually in each half of the carriage. For this purpose, each driver’s cabin is equipped with a car radio and CD player. Priority of announcements is given by suppressing of broadcasted program and automated return to its original volume after end of announcement.
- Official phone conversation among driver’s cabins in any carriage.
- On each platform, in case of emergency, it is possible to activate a loudspeaker unit HHJ01, after tearing off the seal and pushing the push-button in order to get into immediate contact with driver. This solution is provided for increased safety of passengers in carriages without conductors.
The optical part of the system provides by two outer front panels BS210.19/85 and by two outer side panels BS210.19/52 data for an unambiguous identification of connection and allows getting information on direction and destination of journey. This is based on electromagnetic display components with circular display magnetic disc – a target with two fixed positions (black opaque / reflexive yellow color). Each of magnetic disks is in the case of reflexive yellow color during the night operation lightened by highly luminous LED diode, depending on switching-on the outline light of the carriage. The panels are switch- able by interface of IBIS.
The optical part of system provides through two two-sided inner panels BS125.08/135, based one by one on platforms, information about the next station, a stop on a request stop, destination of journey, real time, irrespectively tariff zone and other requested information. Super-luminous LED red matrixes create display area of panels with 8 rows and 135 columns. Regulation of LED’s luminance level to the level of outer illumination allows optimal readability of static, moving, inverse or blinking inscriptions. Panels are connectible through interface of IBIS.
Board computer BS100.2, stationed on one directing stand and from computer’s terminal that is stationed on the second directing stand directs information system.
Through collector, the IBIS regulates:
- outer information panels (both front and lateral),
- inner information panels,
- digital reporter of standard acoustic information,
- markers of travel tickets.
The collector of the board computer IBIS allows connection of maximum 32 addressable peripheries (inner and outer panels, ticket markers, digital reporters, etc.)
Technical solution of both the hardware and a software allows their utilization in the manual operating mode, as well as in a mode with automated switching on coming stops, independent determination of location and watching of time-table (as from opening doors and overridden distance, respectively also by logic evaluation of the carriage’s position or, physical determination of carriage’s position by lighthouse or induction reader). To the interface RS 485 are connectable, first of all, equipment requiring for their activity faster communication due to great number of transferred data (tachograph, etc.).
Staff through keyboard manages the board computer with translucent keys covered with foil or plastic-foil keyboard. Along with LCD display with 20 symbols in each of its four rows, allowing transparent display of a great number of information and easy orientation in between different modes (data entry, display of information simultaneously with their display on peripherals, monitoring the functionality of individual peripherals, self diagnostics together with diagnosis of connected facilities enabling a choice of preferences in different phases, information on condition of separate units of the carriage, etc.) increases the work comfort of the driver and the technical staff as well.
A Train Radio System VRZ-11’s unique conception of is based on atomization principle of a power amplifier. It consists of a number of small amplifiers for each loudspeaker. They utilize integrated, power controlled amplifier (VCA) with maximum output of 4VA/8 Ohm. Amplification regulation utility through its reduction to silence is easily managed by module MUTE (reduction to silence in order of excluding acoustic feedback), volume regulation of transmitted program and so called forced listening during information announcements.
The information system for passengers in its aggregate has been developed for a board net of 24 V DC.